Veteran ID

Previous topic - Next topic

jmm48a3

Home Depot offers 10% discount for Veterans and active military. They always ask for a ID card. Anything out there for old Vets?. It seems today when you are active or retire you have a ID card.
John Moorhouse (House), Loader/Driver, A-25, 67-68

Blackhawk 69

I use my VA card. I even got the discount for something I bought the day before and for got to ask. Nice.
Mike Cron '69 - 70

TankerA25

I believe they need a combat veterans ID for those who served.
Jim Benham, Tank Commander A-25, 67-68

Fred Lohr (D Troop 68-69)

Quote from: TankerA25 on April 26, 2011, 08:32:25 PM

What is a combat ID?
RVN 68-69  72-73

Fred Lohr

http://www.fredlohr.com

TankerA25

Quote from: Fred Lohr (D Troop) on April 26, 2011, 09:50:28 PM

What is a combat ID?

Something to show they served in the wars, like a Vietnam Vet ID or a Korean Vet ID, or something. Just a thought. What else is there other than showing a 214?

Fred Lohr (D Troop 68-69)

Quote from: TankerA25 on April 27, 2011, 08:59:19 PM
Quote from: Fred Lohr (D Troop) on April 26, 2011, 09:50:28 PM

What is a combat ID?

Something to show they served in the wars, like a Vietnam Vet ID or a Korean Vet ID, or something. Just a thought. What else is there other than showing a 214?

I have a retired ID.  It shows nothing about combat.  Have you seen this combat ID?

Fred
RVN 68-69  72-73

Fred Lohr

http://www.fredlohr.com

1/2dollar bill

Hey Fred; William Reynolds here, All the stores around here accept My V.F.W. card. If you was'nt in a war you don't qualify for one.  Outback steak house will let you have their deals with a VIETNAM VETERAN hat on. halfdollar bill 
William C Reynolds  (Bill)

TankerA25

There is no combat ID. I just mentioned there should be something to ID Vets who served in the wars, who do not have a retired ID, etc.

robert e. davis

My son-in-law works at Home Depot..all that is required is a VA card, retired or disabled card, a military orgiazation card( American Legion, VFW, etc.)

bobcat68

I have a Home Depot close to me that will not honor the discount unless your VA CARD says you are a disabled Vet. All other locations honor it as well as LOWES.

James Cregan (D. Troop)

Here is the real deal at Home Depot. If you have a V A Card showing "Service Connected" on the front of the card you get the 10% discount. Cards not showing "Service Connected" are not valid for the 10% discount at Home Depot. Service connected basically means your disabilities are a result of your Military Service. Active military personnel with a valid I D Card qualify for the 10% discount as well.

Now that being said, I have seen a very few cashiers at Home Depot that will give the 10% discount to Veterans without the service connection on the card. I assume out of respect for their Military service and or disregard for company policy.

I have heard from other Veterans that Lows accepts the V A card without the " service connected" requirement for their 10% discount.
I have the" service connected" V A card so I do not have that personal experience to verify that requirement.  Anyway guys that's how it is in Florida where I live.

I hope this helps clear up some uncertainty about the Home Depot 10% discount on this thread.

Later,

Jimmy Cregan
D Troop 68-69
Aero Scout OH6-A
Crew chief / Door gunner
Welcome Home,

Jimmy Cregan
D Troop 68-69
Aero Scout OH6-A
Crew chief / Door gunner
Hunter Killer Team

jmm48a3

NICE, The Governor of Virginia now made available VIA Virginia DMV a Veterans ID card. Present your DD214 with DMV form plus $10.00, all can be done online.....can use it for Home Depot and any other benefits from restaurant chains etc....FOR ONCE SOMETHING WAS DONE that makes sense.   
John Moorhouse (House), Loader/Driver, A-25, 67-68

James Cregan (D. Troop)

Again, here in Florida the state issued me a photo I. D. card stating "100% Service Connected Permanently and Totally Disabled Veteran" on the front and my signature on the back. This card works everywhere as proof of eligibility for all discounts at State Agency's (D.M.V. Driver License etc.) and retailers here in Florida that give Veterans discounts. My driver license also has a V on the front identifying me as a Veteran. I strongly recommend that you check with your local county Veteran Service Officer to see if they have a similar I. D. card program that helps you get the discounts you deserve.
Welcome Home,

Jimmy Cregan
D Troop 68-69
Aero Scout OH6-A
Crew chief / Door gunner
Hunter Killer Team