How many folks do we have drawing disability?

Previous topic - Next topic

John R McLaughlin

How many military retirees do we have? How many of these retirees are drawing disability from VA?
How many know about the CRDP/CRSC programs? If you don't know about the programs,Log on to Military.com, join and get informed, it is free knowledge. Dosen't cost anything to join. Below is a brief discription.

CRSC/CRDP Open Season Coming in '09
December 17, 2008
Defense Finance and Accounting Service
If a retiree is eligible for both Concurrent Retirement and Disability Pay (CRDP) and Combat Related Special Compensation CRSC, he/she may participate in the CRSC/CRDP Open Season. This annual election will be from January 1 through January 31, 2009 and allows the retiree to choose which payment is preferred (federal law states that you can receive CRDP or CRSC; not both).

Beginning in late December, eligible retirees will be mailed a CRDP/CRSC Open Season Election Form. The retiree needs to return the form only if making a change from CRDP to CRSC or vice versa. If the retiree prefers to keep things the way they are, then do nothing, and the payment the retiree now receives will continue uninterrupted.

To help the retiree make a more informed decision, the form will include a comparison of the CRDP and CRSC entitlement amounts as well as information about the collection actions and taxes to which each type of payment is subject.

If the retiree wants to change from CRDP to CRSC or vice versa, the form must be completed and postmarked by January 31, 2009. If the form or envelope is dated after this date, it will not be processed and the current payments will continue.

The change in the payment will be effective the first business day of February 2009. Due to a 30-day processing timeframe, the retiree may receive their first payment on the first business day of March 2009 and a retroactive adjustment for the payment that would have been paid on the first business day in February.

The retiree's election will remain in effect unless changed in a subsequent annual open season.

??? ??? ???

CPTKILLER

I am drawing a small disability from the VA.  I was exposed to Agent Orange like every other GI.  I'll review the site.
CPTKILLER

fingerprints

Remember, the above is for retired military. If you just recieve a service connected disabilty you have to be careful when you apply for any increase. I was at 80% and I asked to be rated at 100% due to other conditions. They reexamined me from head to toe not just the issue I applied for, and they rerated be DOWN 40% because the meds I was taking were working too good. All my physical numbers were good, so they said I was cured. I appealed and lost. I tried to explain that my diabetes was "Agent Orange" induced not "type 2" as they claimed. But to no avail. I went to my VA doctor and asked her to write me a letter explaing the difference. She told me that she did not believe that agent orange causes diabetes. WHAT THE F##K! How can you a doctor dispute what hundreds of other doctors concluded. I have not returned to her since. Scouts out!
Rich Hansell, A troop, 2nd Plt. Sept. 67 to March 68. Driver of A-28. Infantry track member.