Where are all the HQ troops ?

Previous topic - Next topic

1/2dollar bill

As I browse through the web site I hardly see any participation in this fine organization from HHT, Where are you guys ? Just log onto the guestbook or the forum and leave your mark. Don't wait for the reunions to look up old friends because they may not be able to make it to D.C. We are not getting any younger! Halfdollarbill HHT 2-70 to 10-70 Song Mao  
William C Reynolds  (Bill)

Javert

I served as the supply sergeant of HHT '84-'85. I remember some good times there, worked hard but partied just as hard. We had a great 1st Sergeant and between him or the Bn Operations Sergent, I don't know who made me laugh the most. I had a chance the run into our 1st Sergerant in Europe may years later, we hosted the than CSM at our BN mess. Still one hell of a soldier.

ochog1

I was in 2/1 Cav from '75-79.  HHT I was in the S-3 and S-4 and was the CO's driver for awhile.  Good times went to A Trp for a year or so still doing REMF stuff.  Was a cav scout but never worked my MOS.  Spent time as a 64C driving POL and ammo trucks my first year then over to S-3 where I did most of the typing crap for the CO.
LIFE MEMBER H.O.G.
LIFE MEMBER IBA
LIFE MEMBER DAV
LIFE MEMBER NRA

michael doggett

I served in hht @song mao from 02 1970-10 1970.
MYDOGGIE hht 2/1 cav. 02 1970-10 1970

1/2dollar bill

Hi Michael : Good to hear from someone from HHT, not many respond to our site.I have'nt heard from anyone who remembers Me,I must have not made many friends over there.If you would like to talk on the phone about our time with the Cav over there feel free to give me a call at 314-283-0970 anytime ,as I am awake from 9:00am to 12:00am. Halfdollar Bill  William Reynolds HHT Support Plt 2/1 Cav 2-70 to 10-70 Song Mao     
William C Reynolds  (Bill)

Al Doty

i served with c-troop 67-68 on vtr al doty

Dave Packard

Dave Packard here.
     I was inNam at Black Hawk Firebase in 1968/69 I was the driver on M88 VTR  number 89. George Carico, Lombardo, Rich Tiner, Ronald Lance and Emil Portillo were my VTR Mates.

Does anyone remember me?  I hope so as, I am looking to file a claim for the four front top teeth I lost while out in the bush. I fell on the top of my VTR and broke them. I thank the medics for the morphine and a quick medevac out of the bush that day.  These days they have better medical procedure to save the teeth.  When I woke up the teeth were gone. Now I need to file a claim on this because the VA is hassling me about them working on them now.
My email is mypackard49@gmail.com  and my home phone is 828-644-8617

My wife of 21 years and I are traveling the country in out 40 ft motor home. We have been in Florida for the last 13 months. We own and condo in Newton North Carolina
Where and when is the next reunion ? 
     Dave Packard

oldsix

Yes where are all the HHT troops. I was in the 2/1 Cav, from June 69 til June 70. First with A troop, then commanded HHT for
7 months til DEROS. The best I can remember, I had over 200+ troops. It would be nice to hear from some of you, or all. But as I near 80, I know age is creeping up on all of us. As a military retiree, the best memories I have will always be with the 2-1 Cav. Some good and a few bad, but mostly of the good men I was fortunate to serve with and command. Stay in touch.                         

Bill Whitmill

Dai Uy

Quote from: 1/2dollar bill on February 09, 2010, 12:00:22 PM
As I browse through the web site I hardly see any participation in this fine organization from HHT, Where are you guys ? Just log onto the guestbook or the forum and leave your mark. Don't wait for the reunions to look up old friends because they may not be able to make it to D.C. We are not getting any younger! Halfdollarbill HHT 2-70 to 10-70 Song Mao