750 a month

Previous topic - Next topic

jmm48a3

Nha Trang, Vietnam

Population: 361,454

Climate: It's hot most of the year. Temperatures hover between the 80s and low 90s. The heart of the monsoon season is November and early December.

Proximity to airport: Cam Ranh International Airport is about 25 miles from downtown Nha Trang. There are no nonstop flights to the U.S.

Access to health care: The 1,000-bed Khanh Hoa General Hospital is located in Nha Trang. International Living didn't include Vietnam in its Global Retirement Index rankings.

Cost of living: A retired American couple can live comfortably in Nha Trang on $750 a month.

The draw: Live like a king for less. Located on the coast of South-Central Vietnam, Nha Trang is encased by miles of beaches and massive mountain ranges. An American couple can get by on less than $600 a month; $1,000 a month would land you in the lap of luxury. U.S. dollars, preferably crisp, clean ones, are widely accepted. There's a small population of foreigners in Nha Trang, as well as many restaurants and bars, a supermarket and a mall.

John Moorhouse (House), Loader/Driver, A-25, 67-68

Fred Lohr (D Troop 68-69)

So John, when do you leave?  :)
RVN 68-69  72-73

Fred Lohr

http://www.fredlohr.com

fingerprints

Hi, Rich Hansell A-28 Driver. I made a promise that if I got out of VN alive I would never return.  I still do not understand why vets go back to VN. I have enough problems reliving my  VN terrors here in the good ole' U.S.A.  Come live in Nevada, Las Vegas is a booming town. There is alway something to see or do besides gambling. Scouts Out!
Rich Hansell, A troop, 2nd Plt. Sept. 67 to March 68. Driver of A-28. Infantry track member.