Looking for a picture of a crisp and clear Blackhawk emblem

Previous topic - Next topic

Fred Lohr (D Troop 68-69)

Posted by Admin for Warren Roach and Dusty

My name's Jeff "Dusty" Emery and I was with B Troop in 1968 before receiving a head injury on Christmas Day.  I had written to Warren and told him I am having a 10" wide by 8" high patch of the picture taken at the last reunion with the white & red background I copied.  I am attaching the picture I'm talking about and how I'm having it done.  I'm having to pay to have it digitized first but hopefully it is going to turn out great.  When all done my wife is gong to sew it on to the back of my vest that I have military patches on.  Why I'm writing to you is that the guy that is digitizing it is having trouble with getting the Blackhawk around it and the swords clear like he wants.  The swords he feels he is doing all right but wants to know if I can come up with a picture clearer of the Blackhawk with the circle around it.  I did see in the pictures from the last reunion that I got this one from there were a group of troopers in the last picture and one of them was wearing a dark sports jacket and on the pocket looked like the Blackhawk insignia.  Do you have any of these?  Also, is there somewhere online on our site or another that I can download to my flash drive a better picture of the Blackhawk insignia?  Your help in this matter would greatly be appreciated.  Look forward to hearing back from you soon.  Also, when the guy is done with the digitizing of this he will be sewing the patch together.  I don't have to pay for digitizing again but he said if anyone was interested in our unit he can do more patches and make the changes to the troop and year. 

Dusty
RVN 68-69  72-73

Fred Lohr

http://www.fredlohr.com

Fred Lohr (D Troop 68-69)

RVN 68-69  72-73

Fred Lohr

http://www.fredlohr.com

John R McLaughlin

Fred,  Just e-mailed Warren and Dusty with pictures of the crest. Hope it helps.

John