Reunion Location 2012

Previous topic - Next topic

yorkiedad

Its great that the decision for the 2012 reunion has finally been made.  Gettysburg is a great choice.  I know to go a little sooner because there is so much to do.  We can only hope the weather is better next time.
Frank Whitten

dtroopscout

I.m glad to see Gettysburg prevailed , great location and a lot to do . I think it will be a great turn out , looking forward to it
BlackHawk Aero Scout forever Dtrp 2-1 CAV.             Willis Townsend

Alex Matau

Gettysburg PA has only 7 votes. There are 20 votes AGAINST or not for PA but for other locations. Just saying.. How about a place that has an airport. Thinking the closest airport to Gettysburg is Harrisburg International Airport a 45/60 minute drive. Now you have to rent a car, maybe there is a shuttle, anyone know?
Blackhawk 14

Fred Lohr (D Troop 68-69)

Quote from: Alex Matau on February 10, 2012, 08:57:46 AM
Gettysburg PA has only 7 votes. There are 20 votes AGAINST or not for PA but for other locations. Just saying.. How about a place that has an airport. Thinking the closest airport to Gettysburg is Harrisburg International Airport a 45/60 minute drive. Now you have to rent a car, maybe there is a shuttle, anyone know?
Blackhawk 14

Philly probably has cheaper rates.  As I remember, Ft. Riley was about an hour from Kansas City Airport.  Even D.C. was an hour ride from Dulles.
RVN 68-69  72-73

Fred Lohr

http://www.fredlohr.com

michael doggett

i voted for myrtle beach. i like the ocean.but gettysburg would be fine.

mydoggie hht song mao 1970
MYDOGGIE hht 2/1 cav. 02 1970-10 1970

yorkiedad

Even though I will drive up to Gettysburg it would be nice to have a bus tour.  Can we have a list of attendees posted.  It would be nice to know who is going.  I will be there and am sending my registration soon.  See you all then.
Frank Whitten

Shooter

8)
I'm Glad the Troopers are getting together in Gettysburg! I suggested a forum for vets that are fighting for their benefits with the VA. I was told it was a case-by-case situation. There is a formula to success with the VA. If anyone needs help, please contact me. It took me 9 years, however, I learned the strategies for success. Even if it is 40 odd years since the war. You can get benefits if you were in combat. Have a good time. I hope the 2/1st will put some meaningful learning experiences together for future reunions. I have better things to do than to sit and discuss war stories and get drunk.
:-*

saddletramp

2/1 cav 10 aug 69 to 3 dec. 69 Song Mao ? Troop