1st Platoon

Previous topic - Next topic

A one niner (tiny)

Any fellow troopers from the 1st platoon, 1968 to 1969, out there?

SteveGatchell

Hello again Tiny - Now that I know which troop I was in, thanks to you, I can list my email address in the correct section on the 2-1 Cav site.   I was wondering what part of the country you are in now, and whether you know where Larry and Carl ended up.  - Steve Gatchell

A one niner (tiny)

Hey Steve,

I live in Battle Creek, Michigan, my home town. After I got out I came back home, worked a while. Quit my job, moved to California to go back to school on the GI Bill. After college I move to New York. I worked in New York City for 4 or 5 years then moved back to Michigan.

My gut feeling is that they both went back to their home towns. I did a search and found one Carl Wratchford living in West Virgina. A town called Moorefield. I could not find anybody named Larry Larsen in Peoria Illinois. He could be living in one of the burbs I suppose.

I did correspond with Brian T. a couple of time several years ago. He's working north of Detroit in the home mortgage business. However given the state of the housing business he may have changed careers.

Regards

Bob Slocum

A one niner (tiny)

Steve were you able to download the photo? If not I can resend. Sure brings back some memories.